Are you looking for a safe way to have your nose pierced?
Then you have come to the right place – this is exactly what Blomdahl offers. Using sterile products, hygienic methods and skin friendly jewellery, we always put your skin and your health first.
Medical nose piercing - how it works
Sterile disposable products
The nose piercing is carried out using sterile piercing jewellery that sits inside sterile disposable holders. This holder is specifically designed for nose piercing and has a soft, rounded shape. The parts you come in contact with, come directly out of the sterile packaging.
You don't have contact allergies?
That’s great! Then we can help you avoid them in the future as well. Allergies can develop at any time in life and a piercing makes you more vulnerable to inappropriate materials such as nickel, gold, cobalt, epoxy, etc. That is why Blomdahl is so careful to use only the safest materials.
Skin friendly materials – even for those with allergy.
Our nose piercing jewellery is developed in consultation with skin specialists and suitable for everyone, even if one already has an allergy. The nose piercing jewellery is made from carefully selected pure medical titanium. The coating is applied only to the parts of the jewellery that do not come into close contact with your skin.
Piercing jewellery for optimal healing
Blomdahl nose piercing jewellery is not like any ordinary nose jewellery. It is specifically designed to facilitate the healing process in different ways.
Olive shaped tip – more hygienic
Our nose piercing jewellery is lightweight and has comfortable, rounded shapes. For hygiene reasons, there is no butterfly on the inside of the nose. Instead, the piercing jewellery has an olive shaped tip that helps to keep the piercing jewellery in place during the healing period.
To keep the piercing clean and dry during the healing period, one needs to make sure that the air can circulate around the piercing. Hence it is important that the jewellery post has the correct length. Since all nose wings differ in thickness and the space inside the nose can vary from person to person, our nose piercing jewellery is available in two different lengths.
Certified nose piercing consultantt
Blomdahl trains professional nose piercing consultants. We do everything we can to make your piercing a safe and comfortable experience.ASK FOR A BLOMDAHL NOSE PIERCING CONSULTANT!
When having your nose pierced
Before having your nose pierced, you will have to attest that you have received our written aftercare instructions and that you accept the conditions stated within.
The conditions are:
- I am of legal age. Parental/guardian consent is required if I am under legal age.
- I am/minor is in good health and do not have any ailments which makes it recommendable to refrain from nose piercing.
- After the nose piercing the hole is my own/guardian's responsibility. A new nose piercing is the same as a small wound. Therefore it is important to take care of it correctly during the healing period, so it does not get infected. By following the aftercare instructions I minimize the risk of infection.
Aftercare instructions – During the healing period
- Never touch the nose piercing jewellery with unclean hands. Do not pick your nose.
- Wash your new nose piercing on the outside of the nose twice a day. Do not remove the jewellery when cleansing.
- When showering/washing your hair, use liquid soap and rinse thoroughly with clean running water. Dry with a Kleenex or Q-tip.
- Supplementary cleansing is done with Blomdahl Piercing Aftercare cleansing swabs, which are gentle on the skin. The swabs make it possible to clean between the jewellery and the skin on the outside of your nose. Allow to air dry. Use a new cleansing swab each time.
- Make sure that the area around your newly pierced nose is kept clean, dry and airy at all times.
- Cover your nose when applying make up, spray perfume, etc.
- The nose piercing jewellery has no butterfly inside the nose, only an olive shaped tip which gives it a certain amount of protection against sliding out of the newly pierced nose during the healing period. Depending on how swollen your nose becomes on the inside, the nose piercing jewellery may want to slide out. If this happens press the jewellery back into place with a clean finger. Take extra care when putting on/pulling off clothing over your head, when you wash and dry your face, and when you blow your nose. When sleeping we recommend that you have a plaster over the jewellery as a form of protection.
- You have a sharp point inside your nose - refrain from activities that could cause damage to your nose.
- Bathing in a swimming pool, lake or sea: wait for as long as possible after the piercing and avoid keeping your head under water. When you come out of the water: cleanse with liquid soap or Blomdahl Piercing Aftercare cleansing swabs – see point 2 above.
- After about 4 weeks you can change to a new nose jewellery. Wash your hands and the outside of your nose thoroughly. Carefully remove the nose piercing jewellery and put in a new, clean nose jewellery.
- It takes up to a year before the hole is completely healed. Hence consider the following:
- Always wear a nose jewellery. If you go without, the hole can shrink and/or close completely.
- Take extra care when changing nose jewellery. The skin that has grown within the hole is thin and fragile and can easily tear, which may cause an infection. Therefore, always make sure to wash your jewellery and hands before the change, and make sure that the area around the hole is kept clean, dry and airy.
- The risk for developing a contact allergy is at its greatest during the first year. This is why it is extra important to wear safe nose jewellery during this time. Blomdahl has developed skin friendly jewellery suitable for everybody and especially for those who have just pierced their nose.
IMPORTANT! Redness and/or swelling and/or pain and/or rashes are indicative of a possible infection. Remove the jewellery, cleanse and seek immediate medical attention.